Sunday 24 May 2009

Steps in the Woods

Steps in the Woods

Shot near Polesden Lacey in Surrey, I like challenging myself to taking photos from unusual angles. It's a really basic tip that I've learned to take on board, and I don't think anything has had such a dramatic effect on my photography. I'm a big fan of getting "in" to the subject, and in this photo, I particularly enjoy all the detail on the floor and the way that the steps lead the eye up to the bridge. I ended up covered in dust and dirt, but I got the shot I wanted. If you're shooting something at head height (as most subjects are usually shot), try having a go at shooting it from below - you don't need any extra equipment, just a willingness to get a little mucky! I'll upload some shots of some bluebells where I used this technique in a couple of days' time. Do make sure you have a look at the large shot to get the full impact, and let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment