Tuesday 7 September 2010

Twitterati

Everywhere I go, everything I read, the world seems to have gone Twitter mad. So far, I've resisted any urge to join them. How many people could really be interested in @Photoplod? Do people really want to know what I'm up to every minute of every day? I don't think so.

However, this morning, I actually saw Twitter being of some use. I travelled in to work during the middle of a general Tube strike - which, as anyone familiar with London knows, causes chaos everywhere. The BBC ran a very helpful "Live Strike News" feed, with people Twittering all manner of live travel updates, mainly coming from people on the ground with their phones.

I can imagine if I had an iPhone, it could be quite fun to post up random images of my daily life (nothing secret and work related, of course) - but with Facebook and Blogs, is Twitter just another virtual obsession pandering to a self-created need?

No comments:

Post a Comment