Monday 3 January 2011

Flickr Notes

One of the worst features of Flickr, I find, is the ability for users to add "notes" to photographs. I don't mean the comments (though God only knows how annoying those 'I'm an admin for blah blah blah and we'd like you to add this to blah blah blah' comments are), but the ability to "tag" areas of an image. Take this for example:


This is a perfectly good photo of US troops sorting an enormous number of parcels over Christmas during WW2. However, I think it has been completely ruined by a huge number of inane, unfunny notes plastered all over it. Most of them are lame attempts at humour or shit captions, and woefully out of place.

Notes can be disabled, and I do wish they would do so with all photographs in the Commons. I find it incredibly annoying that the second my mouse hovers over some of these most popular of photographs, up pop a hundred crappy comments. Flickr, take note!

No comments:

Post a Comment