Sunday 23 August 2009

Gone Sailing

It's been a couple of weeks since I updated my blog - mainly because of work pressures prior to a short holiday. I'm off all this week sailing around the Solent and the English Channel, and there should be some smashing photo opportunities.

Over the last week I've photographed some donkeys, a couple of bands (by request) and taken some cheesy holiday snaps. Nothing's really inspired me. I've also been reading Bryan Peterson's Understanding Exposure, and Learning to See Creatively. They're both very good books, well supported with excellent images. They're ideal for a beginner, but in honesty I do prefer Michael Langford's Starting/ Basic/ Advanced photography series, which have a lot more text and explanation. That being said, Amazon have got them at very good prices, so there's no reason not to buy them all - it's a lot cheaper than a photography course!

No comments:

Post a Comment