Tuesday 4 August 2009

High Dynamic Range Photography

HDR photography is very popular at the moment. I have seen some awful examples, and rarely, I see some spectacular examples. This picture, taken from the Stuck in Customs blog by 38-year old Texas-based photographer Trey Ratcliff, is outstanding. It knocks my Paris photos into a cocked hat. His blog is an outstanding collection of HDR travel photography - probably the finest I have ever seen.

I have never attempted HDR photography, but after seeing Ratcliff's work, I feel inspired to give it a go when I'm next out and about.

1 comment:

  1. ..and you should also check out what hdr can do for b&w photography when used sensitively. My blog (and website) is liberally sprinkled with bw hdr/tone-mapped images - check out especially the urban ugly essay if you're curious.

    ReplyDelete